Re: Computer blocks sometimes during booting 2.6.3 on powerbook (al) 15"

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 11:37:39AM +0100, Eugen Dedu wrote:
> When it boots correctly, here is the output:
> [...]
> mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
> i8042.c: i8042 controller self test timeout.
> NET: Registered protocol family 2
> [...]

Is there a reason you have the PC-style keyboard driver (i8042) in
your kernel? Did you compile this kernel yourself? I would suggest
using a kernel without the i8042 driver, since no Macintosh needs
(or can use) it. This driver pokes at hard-coded addresses where
a standard PC has the keyboard interface, so it's probably hitting
something it shouldn't and confusing everything.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com