Re: XFree86 on Albook 15"?

El vie, 12-12-2003 a las 03:03, Ryan Verner escribió:
> Hiya,
>
> I'm a proud owner of a new 15" 1.25ghz (w/ Superdrive) Powerbook

Welcome... :)

> , and although
> OS X runs beautifully on this, I'm keen to dual boot it with a small Debian
> install; my previous laptop (15" 500mhz Powerbook) absolutely screamed with a
> Sid install.  It's been a while since I've done PPC Debian, though.
>
> I followed various instructions to get it all installed via a later
> kernel/yaboot, then compiled my own kernel from rsync'ing ben's sources.  This
> all works fine.
>
> XFree86, however, doesn't want to play.  I assume I've got a Radeon 9600
> Mobility; neither the ati or radeon drivers, with or without framebuffer, even
> see the card.  I even tried upgrading to experimental's xfree86, but it still
> doesn't want to play.

Well, I have exactly the same machine, and right now have working the
next things:
1- X with 2d acceleration
2- Light sensors with keyboard backlight and lcd automatic adjust
3- pcmcia
4- fan control to cool the computer
5

--
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /