Re: Problem compiling a test Allegro question.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 07:45:58PM -0600, Mannequin* wrote:
> Hi all. I'm trying to compile a test program that has some Allegro calls
> in it. But when I try to compile, I get a load of errors and I wonder if
> anyone can help me? As far as I can tell, I've installed all of the
> required .debs for this. There are no problems with the test program,
> either (it compiles fine on a windoze machine):
> So, am I missing something here?
>
> $ gcc-3.3 -o first first.c -lalleg

Yes, you're missing something right here. There are more libraries that
you need to link into your program. I counted at least 4 different ones
that should be added based on the errors. It most likely works on windows
because it only uses stuff that is linked into every windows program. For
the X11 version of Allegro, it depends on a ton of other stuff. You
definitely need pthread, X11, XF86DGA, and XF86VidMode. There may be
more. It should be spelled out for you in the Allegro documentation.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com