Re: Advanced Configuration Problems

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 01:34, Brad Lathem wrote:

> depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

You need to install module-init-tools to use modules with a 2.6 kernel
(why didn't you mention the kernel version?).

> For 3d acceleration, I added 'deb
> http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/ ./' to my sources.list,
> ran 'apt-get install drm-trunk-module-src xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk
> xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk', unpacked drm-trunk.tar.gz, and attempted
> 'make-kpkg modules-image'.  The error I get is:
>
> dpkg-gencontrol: error: source paragraph in control info file is missing
> Source line
> dh_gencontrol: command returned error code 65280

This problem (which has nothing to do with the kernel BTW) should be
fixed in drm-trunk-module-src 2003.10.05-3, didn't you get that?

With a 2.6 kernel, you don't need to build the DRM from
drm-trunk-module-src anyway, you can just use the one that comes with
the kernel.