Re: usb-flash-drive on ibook and x86

Hi,

Philipp Kaeser wrote:
I am using a flash-drive ('usb-stick') on my ibook
and x86 pc with linux, mac os x and windows xp
All operating systems will discover an 'ibm-pc'
partition (and if it is formatted in fat/vfat, all
OS can also read/write to it).

Under linux, you will need to have the msdos
partition type support compiled in; I do not know
if that is the case for the default kernel:
CONFIG_MSDOS_PARTITION=y

All my kernel's do support this.

you can then use fdisk on x86 to create a partition
which should be accessible from everywhere.

Hmm, this is what i did.
Created under x86/linux one Partition (sda1),
`mkdosfs /dev/sda1` and voila, i had access to it.
As i wrote, on my ibook mounting sda1 doesn't work.
I had to initialize a partition map and got it only mounted as sda2.

Now i'm confused, because i can't delete the sda1 and sda2
partition under my ibook ???

Do you mount your stick on the ibook as sda1 or sda2 ?

greets,
clee
--
moqua [at] gmx.net