Kopete still failing

Hi all,

In reference to msg:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200311/msg00579.html

which also mentions bug #212405 about the compilation flags for
libkopete.so.

The bug was reported for version 0.7.2-1. I have version 0.7.4-2 in my
iBook and it stills fails to run (the "malloc" symbol out of range, in
relocations). I took a look at the build scripts and it seemed that
libkopete.so is now compiled with -fPIC. Am I having a gcc (or libstdc++)
mismatch in my system? Any more people with the same problem?

I have an AMD machine and kopete works fine there.

Regards.