Re: can't compile 2.4.24-benh

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> > # rsync -avz rsync.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh linux-2.4.24-benh

You need to clean up this tree (with make-kpkg clean) before you use
it.  BTW, where does it come from nowadays?  I always thought Ben
switched to using the Bitkeeper tree a while ago.

> > then :
> >
> > # cd linux-2.4.24-benh
> > # grep RELEASE include/linux/version.h
> > #define UTS_RELEASE "2.4.24-ben1"
>
> Funny, by doing the same thing, i get :
>
> #define UTS_RELEASE "2.4.23-ben1"

> But no idea what actual bitkeeper changesets went into that.

AFAICT, there is no include/linux/version.h in the Bitkeeper tree, nor
in Tom's rsync tree, nor in my rsync tree (which both pull directly
from the Bitkeeper tree).

> Jens, do you have an idea on how to best take -benh snapshots ?

For personal use, I recommend one of the rsync trees, keeping in mind
that you have to clean the one from penguinppc.org before use.  If you
want something more fancy, you can clone the Bitkeeper tree, here is
what I do on rsync.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de:

The tree is updated by running the commands

 cd /some/where
 bk pull -t -q
 bk -r get -q -T

through a cronjob, and then made available with:

[linuxppc-2.4-benh]
        path    = /some/where
        comment = Benjamin Herrenschmidt's Linux 2.4 for PowerPC
        exclude = BitKeeper ChangeSet SCCS

in rsyncd.conf.

I believe that Tom does exactly the same, apart from leaving out that
-T option.  But I happen to like accurate timestamps.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!