Re: Re : G5 Xserver or Sun Blade 1500

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:05:57AM +0100, xavier grave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a BiG5 (powermac, not the Xserver version) and it runs under
> debian GNU/Linux...
>
> For the installation I used knoppix + debootstrap + benh kernel

Xavier. Could you send me the .config of the kernel you use ? Do you
have to enable anything special for the G5 (i suppose that there is a G5
processor option, like there is a power3 and power4 one, but you cannot
use the 60x/75x/74xx option).

I will probably use the -benh tree for future official debian kernels
(as soon as Benh has done a proper 2.4.24 tag on his 2.4 tree as he
promised), and upload a power3 and power4 config in addition to the
powerpc ones, so i guess that adding a G5 config if needed would be ok
too. This would double the compile time though, i suppose.

This are all 32 bit kernels though, i suppose you use a 32 bit kernel
yourself, or do you use a 64 bit kernel, and if so, what toolchain do
you use to build it ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther