Re: conditionally disabling trackpad?

Le Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:00:56PM +0100, Guido Guenther a écrit :
>On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 06:01:27PM +0100, stefan kersten wrote:
>> is it possible to disable the trackpad in a tibook, e.g. when plugging
>> in my usb trackball? it's really annoying to accidently move the
>> pointer all the time ...
>Something that disables the touchpad "while typing" on the keyboard
>would be nice too. This would prevent repositioning of the cursor when
>one accidentally touches the touchpad with a thumb.

I saw a kernel patch that does this on kerneltrap.org, but never
bothered to apply it :
http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/645

I don't know if this has been ported to later 2.4.X and 2.6.x kernels
though, but I'll sure be using it if it has :)
--
Lucas Moulin <lucas at brebis dot org>
"When one makes twenty million, ten thousand people lose" - NOFX