XFree86 touchpad driver on iBook

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone got the Synaptics driver from
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/ to work on an iBook G4.

I've followed the instructions in INSTALL, the driver built and
installed fine, I configured the driver in XF86Config-4 and started X.
Problem is, X doesn't find the module. The log says

(II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
(WW) Warning, couldn't open module synaptics
(II) UnloadModule: "synaptics"
(EE) Failed to load module "synaptics" (module does not exist, 0)
[...]
(EE) No Input driver matching `synaptics'

but the driver is there in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input and all other
drivers load fine.

So, has anyone got this driver working?

Bye, Michael

--
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups --
alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.