Re: Low battery -> power down + clock set back to 1904-01-01

On  26 Jan, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
> The point about voltage is well taken, though. We just need a way to
> detect what kind of battery is installed to use it.

That will be non-trivial. Unless we find access to the I2C bus on which
we can talk to the battery controller, to maybe get access to more info
than provided by pmud.

But that bus may well run to the PMU only...

In the meantime, the voltage thingy can be hidden with an 'expert mode'
option, and the shutdown voltage provided by the user. If you wanted to
make it really good, you could even monitor the rate of voltage change
to be alerted in time before shutdown.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |