Re: alsa headphone goes on with 2.6.*-benh and gnome mixer_applet

Le Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 04:01:03PM +0100, Soeren Sonnenburg a écrit :
>Hi.
>
>This mail is just for the record.
>
>I've found out that the gnome-volume-control applet causes the internal
>speaker to be switched on even if a headphone is plugged in.
>
>This happens when you simply use alsamixer and change the master volume
>(or use the oss app aumix and change the master volume there) but not
>when changing pcm - I guess this must be because the gnome mixer_applet
>(/usr/lib/gnome-panel/mixer_applet2) running here is also regulating
>that mixer device. However it did not help to set the mixer applet to
>regulate PCM. Even then switching the main or pcm volume in
>alsamixer/aumix turns the internal speaker on.
>
>So it is not an alsa-oss / oss emulation, pbbuttonsd,
>gnome-volume-control issue but some issue with the mixer_applet in
>gnome. However as it does _not_ happen with plain oss it sounds for me
>like the mixer_applet uses some special oss functions which might be
>broken in the alsa oss emulation.
>
>A way to fix it would be to look in the source of aumix (which correctly
>updates the mixer status without turning the volume on) and port that to
>the gnome mixer_applet (the gnome-volume-control program does no volume
>monitoring...).
>
>Any volunteers ?

I experienced the same thing. Right now, I'm not using alsa, but could
you please test gnome-alsa-mixer to see if the problem is still there
with it ?

Cheers,
--
Lucas Moulin <lucas at brebis dot org>
"When one makes twenty million, ten thousand people lose" - NOFX