TiBook PCMCIA strange behaviour

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if someone has got a TiBook PCMCIA running with
cardbus (yenta_socket) properly. IŽve read so, and IŽve checked in
Google how to do it, but the strange things are:

	- In Google/Debian list/etc, people say you need to change some
	  stuff in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts and /etc/default/pcmcia

	  I donŽt need to change anything to be able to plug an Ovislink
	  ethernet PCMCIA and make it work, it dumps an AAAAAAWFUL
	  amount of stuff (some _iomap something, I can write it down if
	  necessary) and then, it works.

	- It only works if I boot with the card OUT of the socket. If
	  the card is sitting in the socket, I get a "cs: unable to map
	  card memory!" at boottime and no matter how many times I
	  insert it, the dammed thing doesnŽt work.

	  I have tried changing all the options I found in Google for
	  the config.opts and the default/pcmcia, but the behaviour is
	  always identical: if I boot with the card out of the socket,
	  it dumps a lot of stuff when I plug it in, and it works
	  flawlesly. If booted while in the socket, nothing works.

Strange, isnŽt it?

I am running Debian unstable, with a 2.6.2-rc1-ben1 (I rsynced yesterday
from the physics.de site mentioned in the list). My powerbook is a
15'2ŽŽ Titanium 1GHz, the one right before the TiBook 17ŽŽ and the
AluBooks. If anyone who wants to help me needs any more info, please
feel free to ask.

Thank you!

--
J. Javier Maestro