Re: Low battery -> power down + clock set back to 1904-01-01

> > The battery of my PowerBook G4 got too low and the machine was put into
> > sleep. I closed the lid, changed the battery, but when I reopened the
> > lid, I noticed that the PowerBook was in fact off. And when I switched
> > it on (around 21:00), the clock was set back to 1904-01-01. Here's a
> > /var/log/syslog excerpt:
> > Jan 22 20:46:39 ay pmud[762]: running /etc/power/pwrctl sleep battery
> > Jan 22 20:46:40 ay pmud[762]: going to sleep
> > Where does the problem come from? I've never had one like that before.
> > As the kernel is quite new, I suspect that it is the cause.
>
> I remember I had the same problem here. However I don't remember whether
> erasing pmud (and replacing it with the much better pbbuttonsd) or
> switching to kernel 2.6. fixed this issue for me.

I've had the same happen on occasion, and won't of course blame pmud for
it :-) Seriously, what seems to happen is the battery is lying about how
much charge is left, and runs out during sleep.

pbbuttonsd and pmud do the same when putting the machine to sleep, no? All
you can blame is the kernel (for failing to actually put devices to sleep,
some of which you can verify for yourself) or the battery.

	Michael