Re: java - is there any?

Hi,

Go to the IBM (developerWorks?) site and download a very nice JDK 1.4.1 for p-series Linux (32 or 64 bit) PPC JDK. It has a very fast JIT and seems to work well for me.

You can then add some symlinks to make it look exactly like a Sun JDK in internal layout which allows it to be used almost-out-of-the box to handle things like the OpenOffice.org build and etc.

Kevin