Re: Help port swsusp to ppc.

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 05:30, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
> I'm really interested to see how you are going to initiate and execute
> the suspend.
>
> Perhaps I'm just ignorant, but I can't see how you can do it without
> resorting to the same tricks we use now with regards to CPU context. I
> think you're going to find yourself reinventing the wheel.

CPU context ? I don't think swsusp needs anything different than
suspend-to-RAM in this regard (at least the pmac version of suspend-to
-RAM that wakes up on a CPU reset). The CPU setup will be saved as part
of the kernel data and will be restored after the pages are back in
place the same way it is restored when waking up from RAM. The code
is already there (and actually, that ppc port of swsusp borrowed it).

Ben.