Re: Help port swsusp to ppc.

Hi!

> > Well, then what you do is not swsusp.
> >
> > swsusp does assume same kernel during suspend and resume. Doing resume
> > within bootloader (and thus avoiding this) would be completely
> > different design.
>
> Wait... what the hell in swsusp requires this assumption ? It seems to
> me like a completely unnecessary design limitation.

(1) There's routine during resume that copies pages to their old
locations. If you (would want to) have different kernel during resume,
how do you guarantee that that "kernel being resumed" does not use
memory ocupied by copying routine?

(2) Plus number of problems with devices grows with number of versions
squared. To guarantee it works properly you'd have to test all
combinations of "suspend kernel" and "resume kernel".

[(1) Could be solved by reserving 4KB somewhere for copy routine, and
making sure copy routine is never bigger than 4KB etc. But I'd like to
keep it simple and really don't want to deal with (2).]
								Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]