Re: ADB Keyboard input broken after installing custom kernel, why?

> After compiling and installing my (first) custom kernel (2.4.18), my
> ABD keyboard is broken on my oldworld 7500 power mac.

Your new kernel most likely uses different keycodes than the previous
one, so your keyboard map must be changed. Note that linux keycodes (as
opposed to abd keycodes) are standard in the kernel.

> It boots fine - at least I think so, but I can't read the boot messages
> fast enough.
>
> When I try to login the keyboard generates the wrong characters (but it
> generates those consistently) so login fails...
>
> I still have access to the machine via ssh.
>
> Any pointers what went wrong or if I can still fix it?

http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes will teach you how to fix
that and how to use your system while your keyboard map is screwed.

--
Eric