Re: iBook G4 12" and 2.6.1-ben1 problems

On 12/01/2004 at 12:14, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> There is indeed a 2.6 version of the laptop mode patch that showed up
> recently on lkml, but I'm not very confident with it. I won't include
> it unless it gets accepted upstream.

Hi Ben,

Regarding your lack of confidence with it, is it due to some concrete
reason, or just because it's not been tested by enough people (besides,
IIRC Andrew Morton has included it in his -mm branch).

I'm asking because I've been using it (without problems till now).

If there is any reason to advise against it, I would like to know (just
to be informed about the hypothetic risks I'm assuming).

Thanks

--
Kiko

Please do not reply to the sender address of this email; due to spam and
Windows (TM) worms, everything not comming from the list is "stored" in
/dev/null. Put menorqui in the user part to send me anything.  Although,
I prefer replies sent to the list so that others can benefit from the
discussion.  Thanks.