The upcoming G5 PowerBook and Debian.

Lectoribus Salutem,

On the 24th of this month, the Oracle from Redwood will certainly announce the G5 PowerBook.

As a 64-bit, big-endian architecture is a boon to compiler writers (because it will point out lots of mistakes, especially in C programs), I want to switch as soon as possible (ATM I'm using a G4 PowerBook).

As far as I can see, there's no full 64-bit PowerPC-variant of Debian ready - however, I'd be saved if I could transparently upgrade the current PowerPC Debian to a 64-bit version when ready.

Would that be possible ?

Thanks in advance,

GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ (under construction)