Re: xlibmesa-gl1-dri-trunk conflicting with X from experimental ?

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 17:01, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 08:54, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

[..]
> I appreciate the report, but I use the experimental XFree86 packages
> myself and follow the development of the XSF SVN repository, so I have
> been aware of this for a while. :) I'll fix it as soon as I get around
> to it, in the meantime I personally hold xlibmesa-gl-dev at
> 4.3.0-0pre1v4.

ok now I try to pretend patience again.

> > And while we are at it, I now get a blank screen when switching back to
> > console... it even does not go on again when switching back to X... all
> > that helps is putting the machine to sleep and back or reboot.
>
> Can you try and determine what change caused this?

uuhh, it works now... not 100% sure whether this is because I switched
back from 2.6.1-rc1-ben1 to 2.6.0-ben1 or happened in the recent apt-get
upgrades...

> > PS: You've won the bet. The scrolling speed thing in 2.6. *is* a
> > schedulers issue...
>
> Sounds like you have further interesting information to share on that?
> :)

unfortunately not really. There is a thread I started at lkml
(http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0401.0/0513.html) but no
solution... all that is known is that nicks scheduler does not make this
weird scrolling issue happen and that buffering the xterm output
resolves this issue (i.e. ls -l /usr/bin | dd bs=1024 ... and that it
appears in quite many terminals but e.g. Eterm.

Soeren.