fan noise with a 2.6 kernel on an ibook2.2

I tried booting the latest 2.6-benh kernel on my iBook2.2 and, voila, it

One thing that is annoying though is the constant fan noise.  With a
2.4.x kernel the fan would rarely be activated.  I searched the archives
to no avail.

What I did find in the archives was this post though:

> But Apple has put a separate thermostat on the i2c bus

Does this apply to the iBook2.2 model?  Unfortunately my /proc/cpuinfo
says I'm running at 4°C.  (BTW, I head the mainboard exchanged, the last
one showed reasonable temperatures.)

Wer hat eine alte Spiegelreflex-Kamera zu Hause herumzuliegen?
Oder vielleicht bei den Eltern?  Kaufe ich ab!