sshd in stable doesn't start anymore and few other problems trojan?
- To: debian-powerpc <email@example.com>
- Subject: sshd in stable doesn't start anymore and few other problems trojan?
- From: Grzesiek Sedek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 10:59:36 +0000
- Message-id: <1073300375.2628.98.camel@localhost>
I have few weird things going on with stable debian.
First of all I have started to see a lot of processes that don't quit.
mostly exim process and modprobe
/sbin/modprobe -s -k -- net-pf-10
and so on repeated, after a while those processes slow down system
I can get rid of modprobe by adding local_interfaces= my_ip_number :
but then every exim process with was delivering mail stay in the process
list even after successful delivery ( like /usr/sbin/exim/ -Mc
and so on up to 50 processes)
sshd doesn't work anymore - no error everything looks ok but it doesn't
This happened on two stable machines after compiling kernel on them (it
didn't compile - there was error along the way - but since then all of
this start happening.) one of the machines was running without problems
for over a year.
Is it possible that rsync sources could be trojaned?
Or I'm just missing something.
Tell me what you think.