read and recover files from a damaged osx disk

Hi,

I'm trying to recover some files from a damaged pwb 2.5" disk (hence
hfs+ partitions).
Via Firewire nothing mounted. I plugged it on ide chain in a 386 debian
machine and used dd to copy partitions to files (noerror,sync).

Sharing these files with my debian pwb (via nfs) i try to mount them
with mount -t hfsplus -o loop,ro partition-file /point
but it complains about too much loop used or inconsistent volume header.

I think it's the header that's damaged. What can be done ?
Copying the header from a valid hfs+ volume ?

I tried too to load these recovered partitions-files under macosx
too, but appending .img is not enough to have them mounted :(

Ideas ?
--
Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com>
Symétrie