Re: [ANNOUNCE] Yaboot 1.3.11 released

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 02:59:35PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:03:01AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > > You don't look at the bogus /proc/scsi stuff for that, do you?
> >
> > in current ofpath yes, changing this requires significant rework which
> > is not going to happen in the 1.x version of yaboot/ofpath.
>
> Well, it apears you aren't actually using the devpath: field in
> that's exported in the k2 sata driver.  Ben, what is actually using that
> field?  I'll happily adopt all software using it to use the sysfs field
> added in my patch below (vs 2.6 mainline):

my goal with ofpath 2.0 is a complete rewrite in C, using sysfs as
much as possible (if the kernel is in good enough shape i shouldn't
even need /proc at all).  i haven't decided what to do about 2.2 and
2.4 systems, i may just keep the old sh based ofpath around and exec
it on those systems until they are all retired.  depends how nasty
redoing all the 2.2/2.4 kludges is.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/