Re: 2002 iBook / Xfree 4.2 artefacts

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 22:29, "?zthanТoi8-r?Q?" wrote:

> X is behaving very oddly on my 2002 700Mhz iBook (radeon m6 LW) running
> 2.6.0-test9/unstable. At first, it worked without any problems (aside
> from DRI hard-locking the system, but that's probably a kernel issue).

For one, radeon DRI didn't work on PPC yet in XFree86 4.2.

> However, after several hours and several X restarts it dropped into what
> appears to be 16 color mode, with all fonts appearing very strange
> (probably because it can't do subpixel rendering properly). Bright
> (usually red or brown) images occasionally seem to have "defective"
> glowing red pixels, but killing X leaves a clean screen. Also, the mouse
> sometimes leaves a visible trail for a fraction of a second.

Weird, sounds like endianness breakage or the chip going nuts in
general. Does this persist over a reboot?

> The only error message that I can see is unresolved symbols in radeon_drv
> (drmUnmap).

Harmless and unrelated.

> XF86Config is attached.

The server log would be more interesting.

Software libre enthusiast    |   http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer