Re: ibook G4 no hd

 Hi,

 You will need a different kernel image

 Look at this howto:
 http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/powerbook.en.php

 In particular, this paragraph:

 2.1 First steps

  Download the following files and copy them into the OS X root directory:
 Needed files
 images/root.bin
 yaboot
 yaboot.conf
 linux.bin

 The first three file are from
 http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/new
-powermac/, the fourth is the kernel from Orion Buckminster Montoya, which I
 renamed to linux.bin. You have to take his kernel, because the debian
 default kernel doesn't support ATA 100. The ATA chipset is the "intrepid
chipset, which is UniNorth bridge and KeyLargo IS ASIC merged in one chip.
 It's
 CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC in kernel config".

 In the article, it has a link to the linux.bin image, which is here:
 http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/vmlinux-pbg412.bz2

 If you are planning on sticking with Debian woody, I have a kernel deb of
 the latest working benh kernel, which I use, which you're welcome to!

 Kind regards,

 David