Re: gliv: Segmentation fault

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 20:49:56 +0100 (CET)
Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> gliv, 1.7.1-1, doesn't start here:
>
> gliv 1.6-2, too, did not: I previously downgraded to this version as I
> thought it was simply a bug in the fresher version.
>
> So could someone understanding a bit more of strace than I do have
> please have a look at the strace output for gliv that I uploaded to
> http://www.geocities.com/wolfgangpfeiffer/gliv.dbug.txt

I had a look. Just about everything there is intialisation and there
is nothing that points to any obvious bug.

A better bet would be to run it inside gdb and when it crashes
grab a backtrace using the bt command. Some thing like this:

    prompt > gdb /usr/bin/gliv
    (gdb) run
    ...... gliv segfaults .......
    (gdb) bt

and then post that to the list or you website depending on the size.

Hope this helps,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
Seen on usenet (possibly a quote from an IBM exec):
"Each large company needs its Vietnam, and Microsoft will
 experience it with NT..."