Re: No Keyboard Input

Gary Martin wrote:

I am a Linux newbie with a major problem.
I did a minimum install (plus development tools) from
the Woody 3.0r1 CDs, the updated everything using
"dselect" to Sid over my slow internet connection. I
re-booted with the aim of installing X11, but at the
login prompt, the keyboard is unresponsive.

During the configuration stage for Sid, I chose
"Standard" Macintosh keyboard --- was this the correct
choice for my PowerBook G3 (Pismo)?

I've started up the rescue CD and and mounted /root
(/target using the CD's shell), but I have no idea
what files to edit to get a working system.

Running /target/usr/sbin/base-config fails.
My bandwidth is regulated (1G per month), so I don't
want to start over again.

This page might be of help:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200307/msg00757.html

If not, ask again.