MBROLA compilation and things...

Hi guys,

I am forwarding the mails I crossed with people at MBROLA project. I had
some problems trying to run MBROLA
(http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola.html) in my Powerbook (it needs
an "obsolete" libstdc++), so I tried to get in touch with them. After 6
months, I got the following response with an NDA to sign that seriously
scared the shit out of me! This is my first contact with the
"enterprise" environment... so don't be surprised!

I am sending this out of interest, in case someone managed to run MBROLA
nicely on Debian, or in case someone could sign it and do a port, or
whatever. It would be really good if perhaps they could see that people
would like to use it in the Open Source community. I think the voices
that it generates are really nice, compared to festival (well, it might
be as well that I am too dumb to make festival sound nice! :)

The first email is my original message to them, then it comes what they
sent me and finally, my answer to their NDA email. I would also attach
the NDA as a PDF (they sent me an rtf) in case someone is interested,
but since IANAL, I am a bit scared of doing something wrong (in case the
NDA needs an NDA or whatever to be read!)

Anyways... any feedback is greatly welcomed!

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>

----- Forwarded messages from "J. Javier Maestro" <jesus@student.unsw.edu.au> -----