Re: Blank screen with latest Ben's 2.6 tree

> I compiled the latest linux-2.5-benh tree and installed it on my
> ibook2.
> I experienced some problems:
> at boot, the DFP goes randomly blank (sometimes I can boot sometimes I
> cannot) and 2.4.22-ben2 boots fine.
> It seems unpredicatable when I (rather radeonfb) will succeed in
> initializing the DFP.
> (just an hint: I NEVER succeeded in getting the backlight after a
> reboot from a 2.6, always needed to reboot from a 2.4... quite weird)

Maybe related to more generic backlight problems - my Lombard has
backlight off when waking up from sleep. It takes switching from X to
console to kick the backlight back on.

> Oh...I forgot sound has a weird behaviour: whatever sound module I
> use, (snd-powermac, or dmasound_pmac), whenever the module is
> unloaded, the sound chip is "dead", and no device can be found by both
> modules.

Sound modules don't seem to be converted fully to the new sound system
yet.

The 2.6.0-test kernel series is still somewhat experimental, even BenH's
branch. I'm sure he would welcome any patches ...

	Michael