Re: Audio problems on iBook2 (errata corrige)

Il dom, 2003-10-12 alle 12:09, Stefano Barale ha scritto:
> Hi everybody,
> seems I've gone a little bit further in the understanding of my audio
> problem (totem not playing audio, while vlc and xmms seem to work fine).
> Running totem from console I get:

(totem:501): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib

(totem:501): Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers
audio_oss_out: switching the soundcard to 16 bits mode failed
audio_esd_out: connecting to esd server...
audio_esd_out: can't connect to <default> ESD server: No such file or
directory
load_plugins: audio output auto-probing didn't find any usable audio
driver.
This is the real message I get as normal user. The other one was from
root (tried to understand if it was a permission problem).
Stefano