Re: di & IBM CHRP

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 10:51:11AM -0500, Rolf Brudeseth wrote:

> I would like to test di on 32/64-bit IBM CHRP hardware. I plan to compile
> my own kernel.
>
> - Which 32-bit kernel should I use and where should I download the source
> from? I want to be in-sync with the rest of the Debian PPC folks.

Could you please test also out my kernels at
http://people.debian.org/~luther/powerpc/2.4.22, especially the chrp
variant ? I need tester in order to be sure they work well on with the
official kernels.

> - Where can I download the di initrd for CHRP. I plan to perform a network
> install. Boot through BOOTP and NFS mount the initrd.

Fully untested stuff, better subscribe to debian-boot and ask there.

> - I understand that the kernel should be compiled with unique settings in
> the config file to support di features. Can someone send me the output of a
> 'diff' between the standard kernel config file appropriate for Apple CHRP
> boxes and the one that is modified for di support.

The kernels i built should support the di well enough, but have been
tested on CHRP/pegasos and powermac only. I will work more on them this
weekend though, so maybe by early next week, i will try to have a
working di kernel+initrd for CHRP (tested on my pegasos only naturally).

Friendly,

Sven Luther