Re: change internal hd

Hi,

Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com> writes:

> I'd like to change my internal dd on my Pismo (from 20G to 60G,
> maybe even one 7200rpm) on which i have debian and two hfs with os9.
> What's the good way to proceed to transfer all data on this new 2.5"
> hd?

I bought a Firewire enclosure for the old hard drive anyway, and used
it for the transfer.

> is there a howto for this ?

Here you go, please ask if you want more detail on any of the steps.

Put new drive in enclosure
Plug enclosure into computer
Partition new drive, make filesystems, transfer files
Unplug enclosure from computer
Shutdown computer
Remove new drive from enclosure
Remove old drive from computer
Put new drive in computer
Put old drive in enclosure
Boot computer

At this point, you should have a computer running from the new drive
and an external enclosure with the old drive for backup, transport,
whatever.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!