Re: newbie[live-cd]

* Chris Tillman <toff1@cox.net> [2003-10-06 18:01]:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:46:05PM -0500, __alejo duque wrote:

> > Needing help here for getting through with a linux install on my
> > tibook 500mhz, the disk partition has already been done, a debian

> > I have d/l'd a gentoo-ppc live cd but it gives a kernel panic all the
> > times just after checking all the hardware components, freeing unused

For problems with the Gentoo live CD I'd try the Gentoo forums or the
gentoo{-ppc,}-user mailing list. See the Gentoo website.
(I can't offer any help sorry - the one I have boots my iBook fine.)

But if you're wanting to install Debian you shouldn't need a Gentoo CD.
:-)

There are several helpful guides to installing both Debian and Gentoo on
PPC on the web, as well as the official guides. These should get you
started, Google will find you more.

http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/
http://neugierig.org/content/tibook/

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-ppc-install.xml
http://www.desertsol.com/~kevin/ppc/

> debian, on which gentoo is based.

I believe Gentoo was written from scratch and isn't based on anything.

Cheers
David