Re: apt-get problem with ~homedirs?

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 19:40, Frank Murphy wrote:
> I just tried to add the unofficial xfce4 deb list to apt's sources.list, but
> it doesn't work. Then I realized that the line for Michael Däzner's DRI X was
> failing too.
>
> Does anyone else see this when doing apt-get (or aptitude) update?
>
> Hit http://people.debian.org ./ Packages
> Ign http://people.debian.org ./ Release
>
> This should be http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-mach64-sid/, but it gets
> cut off at the tilde.

It displays only the hostname and the distribution part of the deb line,
that doesn't mean it uses the wrong part. The 'Hit' at the beginning of
the line means that the Packages file was already up-to-date. If there's
a problem fetching files, it prints an error with the full path, like

Failed to fetch
http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/ftp.vpn-junkies.de/openoffice/dists/unstable/main/binary-powerpc/Packages.gz  404 Not found [IP: 194.97.2.67 80]