Re: [Q]IBM's Java 1.4.1 with IBM's JIT

--- "Kevin B. Hendricks"
<kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi,

> Of course there is the Balckdown JDK 1.3.1 for PPC
> Linux that does work (I use
> it to build OOo with)

Sorry, but I need 1.4.1 to run a freenet node.

I didn't know you need java to compile OOo.  Thought
it was written in C++.

> So if you would like to see an alternative build,
> please volunteer to help
> write it.

Sure would like to see a newer build, but remember I
like programming in java, not PPC assembly.  yikes.

> BTW: IBM research jvm will run on PPC Linux, as does
> Kaffe, and as does
> gcj/gij and you can even remove the SWT code form
> Eclipse and compile it with
> gcj and get graphical widget code compiled to all
> native code actually
> working.
>
> Kevin

Whew, building eclipse is easier said than done.  Mind
giving detailed instructions for building eclipse from
source in this way.  I worked on it for sometime, but
with no success.  Frustrated, I went to jedit, which
is a beautiful app, but no java debugger.  Still
curious though about building eclipse again.

Thanks for your help, once again,

William