Re: Quake 2 Troubles

This one time, at band camp, Mannequin* wrote:
>~$ quake2 +set in_joystick 0
>QuakeIIForge 0.2.1
>Added packfile /usr/share/games/quake2/baseq2/pak0.pak (3307 files)
>Added packfile /usr/share/games/quake2/baseq2/pak1.pak (279 files)
>Added packfile /usr/share/games/quake2/baseq2/pak2.pak (2 files)
>using /home/mannequin/.quake2/baseq2/ for writing
>execing default.cfg
>execing config.cfg
>Console initialized.
>
>------- sound initialization -------
>SNDDMA_Init: Sound device does not support mmapsound sampling rate:
>------- LoadLibrary("ref_gl.so") failed: No such file or directory
>LoadLibrary("ref_softx.so")
>Trying joystick dev /dev/js0
>

>Thanks again.

Do you actually have a joystick device configured in your kernel?

The joystick code in quake2 is quite untested, but the game runs fine on my
tibook without any joystick devices, and without any special flags.  I
suspect that something else is the cause of this problem, but I would need
some more information about it.

Let me check my notes and I'll see if there's anything you could try.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq