RE: Create my own System 7.5.3 HFS-CD?

Hello and thank you for your good answer!

I solved the problem the hard way - by trying and trying different
angles.
Since I had only two floppies it made my problem worse.
>From experience I can tell you this:
ME LOVES FLOPPIES:
* If you want to install from floppies, you have to keep the unique
image on the floppy of these disks:
Disk Utils, Install Disk 1, and probably Install Disk 2. (I never
reached that point=)
* If you boot from Disk Utils, the system will want to read from that
floppy from time to time (almost randomly, as it seems), so you have to
swap with that disk as well during the installation
* You can transfer the System Folder to your hard disk while installing,
so you won't have to swap with the DU-disk. But that only worked one
time for me. The other time, the system told me that the disk was not
made for lovin, or something like that ;P
* YOU CAN PUT ALL THE DISKS ON THE HDD's PARTITION =)))). But only if
you have the american installation. Did not work with: System7.5.3-PCI
(for PCI ppcs, only 13 disks so i figured it would go faster. Doh.),
System7.5.3-swedish.
* To put all the disks on the hdd's partition, you can not just write
the disks and then copy from the mac. You have to: Format the floppy to
mac-fd, open it in a pc/mac exchange-program (I used hfvExplorer), and
copy the file onto that fs. Then you can copy the file as an archive.
Put all files onto the mac, then double click on the first one to mount
the images as one big virtual disc.
I guess this was all basic RTFM stuff =) I should have stuck with the
vanilla 7.5.3-flavour, I should have had 19 discs at home, and so on.
Was kind of fun to discover all the paths though ;)

Bootable HFS is a really hard nut to crack. As you said, it is almost
impossible without a working mac with burner. But I do know that I have
an old LinuxPPC disc, which booted my mac with no problem. So it is
probably possible to make a bootable HFS inside a ISO9660? Maybe if you
copy the System Folder from one of the floppies... hmm hmm =) Guessing
that this would require either very good knowledge or ridiculously
patient trial-and-error, I gave up the riddle...

My mac is a PPC 7600/132.
Now running Debian 2.20-pmac.
	X working.
	Mouse right-click-emulation working :D
Booting with Quik. Yes I know that it is tough to get into macos through
that. You have to change something in the OF?
(I can't even get into my OF! But I figured that I'd only want to run
macos emulated inside of Linux :) Haven't tried that yet though)

Thanks for asking =)