Re: Choosing the layout of server X in GDM

Vincent Bernat <bernat@free.fr> writes:

>  Hello !

Hello !

> [lots]

I think you did a really good job but I won't use such a solution.

Let me explain why I don't considerate it as the *ideal* solution. I
honestly think the layout of the X server should be chosen before I
launch my X session that is to say one have to install a program that
is aware of the current situation and choose according to it what to do
with my X session.

So I think, having to restart my GDM just to switch my X layout is
painfull and make my productivity going down ;)

To your program, I 'd rather use dedicated program that just deals well
with laptop. I want to talk of the laptop-net software and friends.

Beside that, I tried it and it works but as I said, this doesn't sound
natural/ideal to me.

zeDek
--
"Our design team decided to include a few meaningless Windows error
 messages to make ex Microsft's comfortable."