Re: 22" apple flatpanel

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 14:45, P Oscar Boykin wrote:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:32:50AM -0700, Adam H. Done wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:19, Yves Combe wrote:
>

> > What you need exactly? The Modelines for XF86Config-4?
> >

> I pluged the flat panel and the only way i can boot into linux with it
> is to append video=ofonly in the boot process and then the ttys work but
> when ever I try to start X - it gives me errors.  I have found out that
> no matter what monitor (lcd or crt) when i use video=ofonly I can not
> run X.  I can't even get a boot process if I don't append any video
> info.

You might want to take a peek at:
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/olh_ppc_apple_tft.html

They recommend using:

video=aty128fb:vmode:22

I used an ATI rage 128 for a while with my cinema display.  I had
occasional problems when I rebooted.  It worked fine in OSX, but it did
not always initialize properly (i.e. sometimes it would not display the
"happy mac" or open firmware, but would work always with OSX).
I have the same issue.. i could get yaboot main menu but when I pick linux.. it hangs.

I use a Radeon now, which works flawlessly.
I have a nvidia geforce3 which I want to use.. the suse page said it is not suported.. is it now?  I  am hoping i can get the nvidia card to work.. after i know the rage128 worked.. should i just try the nvidia first

If you can't see a tty, then you can't use X (from what I have seen).
So the first problem is make sure you can see the tty.  It may work
using the video line suggested in the SUSE page above.
i am going to try this.

-Adam