Re: rsync: failed to connect to rsync.penguinppc.org: Connection refused

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I'm trying to update my benh kernel folder I get this:
>
> # rsync -avz rsync.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh /usr/src/[name-of-directory]
> rsync: failed to connect to rsync.penguinppc.org: Connection refused
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(83)
>
> Server down?
> Heatwave?
>
> Thanks in anticipation?

Sure, and without a question mark ... :)

And it seems to be an issue with the remote directory, not mine:

rsync -avz source.mvista.com::linuxppc-2.5 /root/test

The above rsync went (after a fail at the first run) without problems ..

Bye

Wolfgang

--
Profile, Links: