Re: muted Ibook

I already tried that since I read something you wrote about it but it was unsuccesful,I have this error at boot time that tells me :

Starting ALSA (version 0.9.4):i2c-core.o: i2c core module
i2c-core.o: adapter uni-n 0 registered as adapter 0.
i2c-core.o: adapter uni-n 1 registered as adapter 1.
Found KeyWest i2c on "uni-n", 2 channels, stepping: 4 bits
i2c-core.o: adapter mac-io 0 registered as adapter 2.
Found KeyWest i2c on "mac-io", 1 channel, stepping: 4 bits
i2c-core.o: driver PMac Keywest Audio registered.
ALSA ../alsa-kernel/ppc/keywest.c:84: tumbler: cannot initialize the MCS       <-------- is it an error ?
 powermac.
Restoring ALSA mixer settings ... done.

and in the dmesg I noticed that following:

i2c-core.o: driver unregistered: PMac Keywest Audio			<------ here too?
tas driver [TAS3001c driver V 0.3])
using i2c address: 0x34 from device-tree
i2c-core.o: driver TAS3001c driver V 0.3 registered.
i2c-core.o: client [tas Digital Equalizer] registered to adapter [mac-io 0](pos. 0).
Audio jack unplugged, enabling speakers.
AE-Init tumbler mixer
PowerMac Tumbler  DMA sound driver rev 016 installed
Core driver edition 01.06 : PowerMac Built-in Sound driver edition 00.07
Write will use    4 fragments of   32768 bytes as default
i2c-core.o: client [tas Digital Equalizer] unregistered.
i2c-core.o: driver unregistered: TAS3001c driver V 0.3
i2c-core.o: driver PMac Keywest Audio registered.
i2c-core.o: client [TAS3001c] registered to adapter [mac-io 0](pos. 0).

thank you

Bastien

Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:48:44 +0200
Vincent Bernat <bernat@free.fr> me disait ceci: