Installing Debian on a Powerbook G4, first time

Newbie warning.  I am a complete moron.

I too am trying to install Debian Linux on a Powermac G4.  I have been
following the instructions detailed here

http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/pbg412.html

and of course here

http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/

I can get the system boot, find my harddrive,  and install to the
point of Configuring the Driver Modules, where I encounter an error
saying "No modules were found in /target/lib/modules/2.4.20-ben5 that
could be configured,... blah blah blah"

Well there is a good reason for this because the kernel install pulls
from
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/new-
powermac/

which does, in fact, contain 2.4.18 modules, instead of 2.4.20.
Obviously something is getting pulled down from the wrong place, but
what?  I have scanned the instructions carefully, and
followed them exactally as stated.  Is there some sort of missing step
that is so obvious only a idiot like me would not know it?

I got my yaboot, yaboot.conf, and images/root.bin from
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-powerpc/current/new-
powermac/

and my linux.bin from
http://valla.uchicago.edu/ppc/vmlinux-pbg412.bz2

The other odd thing that is going on is my harddrive is identified as
/dev/hde instead of hda or hdc.

Where am I going wrong?

Regards,

Bryan Schwerer