Re: kernel problem with 12inch powerbook and 2.4.21-ben2

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 17:25, Jay Graves wrote:
> Well I just got a working kernel installed
>
> I used the rsync-benh source and the config file from
> www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/apple/config
>
> It boots and finds my /dev/hdc11 just fine.
>
> I checked the config file for the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST
> option but its not in that file.
>
> So it now works but I don't know what in the new config made it work.

Probably just the lack of the above option ;)

If you want to have your disk as hda, then check that option in
the config, rebuild a kernel, and update /etc/fstab, and /etc/yaboot.conf
(don't forget to re-run ybin) to use hda instead of hdc

Ben.