Re: Meta Alt oh my!

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:15:37 +0200, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

> Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra schrieb:
>
>>On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 08:45:32 -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
>>
>>>The mac tree is entirely obsolete, powerpc uses linux (i386) keycodes.
>>>Unless you have a pre-2.2 kernel, look in /usr/share/keymaps/i386/ for
>>>keymaps. The one I use is qwerty/mac-usb-us, that is 'Select from arch
>>>map / US American / Apple USB' in the console-data list.
>>
>>	I understand I can't use that in my FireWire iBook, which has
>>an Apple ADB keyboard still?
>>
> The use of linux keycodes is independent of ADB or USB. You can use them
> with both types of keyboards. The keycodes for most keys are the same.
> Most usb keyboards simply have some additional keys.

	So I am left in the dark anyway... Apple USB does not change
Meta and Alt; and thre is no extended keyboard option neither.

	Any *other* ideas to get Meta and Alt on the iBook console?

>>	BTW, is there any site where there is good documentation on
>>these issues, so that I don't need to bother you unless I'm too stupid
>>to understand it?
>>
> http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes tells you how to activate
> linux keycodes and how to recover when you have done something bad.

	That's nice, thanks.

	But I was thinking of some docs on how to get Alt on the
Alt/Option key and Meta on the Command (Apple) key.

--
 _   Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +41 (21) 648 11 34
/ \  http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/         +41 (78) 778 11 34