Re: PC graphic adapters on Mac Harware

On 02 Aug 2003 16:11:52 +0200
Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:
> Not hardware per se, but the firmware is a problem. IIRC only the tdfx
> driver(s) can initialize a card from the ground up, for others you
> should pick a 'Mac' card. Do you have any particular card(s) in mind?

I was thinking about ATI, as I have some experience with those cards,
but if there is a "better" (or cheaper ;) choice, why not ?

If I got it right, I may be able to get a working tdfx card (what is the
chipset -- tdfx ?), even if it is a PC-BIOS enabled card, but I'll have to
choose a Mac-specific card otherwise (which is perfectly fine for me, as long
as I know why -- and now I think I do) ?

Thanks,
Simon