Re: mol

Hi,

David M. Cooke writes:

> > if i want to run mol as any user it tells me that the program most
> > be suid, so:

> # chmod u+x /usr/lib/mol/bin/mol

Nah.  First, you probably meant u+s, and second, any changes you make to
files from Debian packages without telling dpkg will be clobbered on
the next upgrade.  To let anybody run mol, do

# dpkg-statoverride --update --add root root 4755 /usr/lib/mol/bin/mol

Then again, you may not really want to allow anybody to run mol, but
only a few selected users (to use the example from upstream, I will
call them samuel and tux).  In addition to adding allow and deny lines
to /etc/mol/session.map, do the following:

# addgroup --system mol
# adduser samuel mol
# adduser tux mol
# dpkg-statoverride --update --add root mol 4710 /usr/lib/mol/bin/mol

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!