Re: Putting a PowerBook to Sleep?

From: Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de>
Subject: Re: Putting a PowerBook to Sleep?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 02:57:31 +0200

Eric Pretorious wrote:

> Now that I've gotten KDE working nicely on my PB, I am wondering how to put > it to sleep (so that I don't have to shut-down/start-up every time I change
> seats).

Compile a kernel from benh and install pbbuttonsd and powerprefs on it.
There are packages in sid.  Should work out of the box.

I found the pbbuttonsd and powerprefs (http://freshmeat.net/depends/download-all/21864/). Thanks!

What will benh's kernel do (that the default Debian 3.0 kernel doesn't)?
From Ben's PenguinPPC page:

"My recent kernels have a feature for Rage128 based PowerBooks to drive the external VGA connector for mirroring."

Eric P.
Sunnyvale, CA