yaboot trouble on CHRP (was: potato chrp ISO?)

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 00:00, Jens Kutilek wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 10.06.03, um 20:11 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Krisztian
> Mark Szentes:
> > Solution: I had to resize the first partition (41 prep boot) to
> > EXACTLY 4
> > Megabytes. I had 32 Mb because I always used a boot partition which
> > accomodated several kernel images and I thought is should be at least
> > 4 Mb. Now, what a surprise... :-)
>
> The kernel images are not copied to the PReP Boot partition, only
> yaboot is. Yaboot can then boot the kernels from whatever partition
> they are on.
Well, yaboot did not manage to get the kernel over the
"returning 00010000  from prom_init" line... Loading the kernel image
directly from OpenFirmware instead of yaboot gives one an easy start but
is not as easily manageable as with yaboot. Of course, I could set up a
FAT formatted /boot partition and tell OpenFirmware which kernel image to
load. A better solution is, however, to fix yaboot... ;-)

Salut

Mark
--
Krisztian Mark Szentes
produktivIT   -  Open-Source Solution Provider